First National Bank is seeking a full-time Commercial Loan Officer. This full-time position is based in Miramar Beach, FL, and is primarily responsible for developing and growing a loan portfolio and building relationships within the market area. A minimum of 5 to 7 years of banking experience (underwriting, lending, mortgage lending) is required. Minimum high school degree & college undergraduate degree is also required.
- Approves commercial loans by examining the application and supporting documentation; estimating creditworthiness; calculating repayment risk.
- Completes commercial loans by monitoring collection, verification, and preparation of commercial loan documentation; scheduling and completing mortgage loan closing.
- Screens commercial loan requests based on the Bank’s lending policies and the types of commercial loans offered.
- Interviews prospective clients. Obtains information (e.g., credit reports, other information) needed regarding prospective commercial clients.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Represents the bank at community functions to enhance its image and develop new business.
- Continuously markets the bank’s lending services to the local real estate community (e.g., real estate agents, construction companies).
- Cross-sells the bank’s products and services to customers.
- Provides support and information to Auditors, CPA Firms, regulatory examiners, and loan & compliance reviewers as needed.
- This position will also interact with mortgage lending-related personnel throughout the bank.
- Other various special projects or tasks designated by the President /CEO.
- Updates relevant people with timely information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong financial, analytical, and underwriting skills.
- Good organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and decision-making skills.
- Possesses knowledge of bank processes, procedures, and regulations.
- Excellent technical skills and ability to teach/mentor.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to interact well with employees and customers/good social skills.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Potential candidates will be subject to a background check.